Ba Ria – Vung Tau House Development Joint Stock Company (HODECO), previously a State-owned company, was established under Decision No. 262/QDUB on May 29th, 1990 by People's Committee of Vung Tau Con Dao.
On September 29th, 2001, the company was equitized under Prime Minister’s Decision No. 1274/QD-TTg with regards to converting the company from State-owned to joint-stock company.
The initial charter capital was VND 20 bn, of which 40% was owned by the Government and the remaining 60% by other parties. On March 31th, 2007 the company issued additional shares to increase its charter capital to VND 81.28 billion.
On May 10th, 2007 the company was officially listed on Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange and became a public company with nearly 400 shareholders. The Government owned 15% whereas the others owned 85%.
In 2002, after being converted to joint-stock company, its position and brand name had been affirmed in domestic as well as oversea markets. The company always holds the spirit of supplying top quality, high efficiency and excellent after-sales services. HODECO’s construction always tries its best to apply advanced technologies, ensuring quality and art of works.
The company also focuses on updating production technology, restructuring organizational structure and recruiting capable staffs to fulfill its rapid growth.
In 2007, Hodeco received merit awards from the Prime Minister and People's Committee of Ba Ria-Vung Tau, and Ngon Hai Dang Award from Ba Ria Vung Tau Province.
In 2008, the company received bronze medal award from The President of Vietnam for excellent performance from 2002 to 2007.
In 2009, awarded as "excellent company" by Ministry of Construction.
In 2010, issued with ISO 9001:2008 by QUACERT
Once again, we would like to express our thank all customers and shareholders for your trust and support. We hope to receive your trust and support to be more successful in 2010. We would like to thank all the Company’s employees for their great effort to help the Company achieve business targets set out by the Board of Directors and shareholders.